Friday, August 7, 2009

A Blessing...

“Sometimes God has us on a long journey, trudging uphill. We can only see the dirt path with no way to see over the hill to the destination. Perhaps if we saw where we were going, we would be planning what we would do when we got there: where we would visit, sites to see, places to eat. We would completely overlook the journey. We would miss the sites along the way, the sunsets and sunrises, because we would be so consumed with the final arrival.

I challenge you to enjoy the walk you're on, saturate yourself in the experience, remember where you are walking through and encourage other stragglers on the way. Because over that hill is something far more wonderful than you can imagine. This is your journey, your walk, your story, only you can choose how you handle the “lay-overs.” God has never let you down and he's not going to start today.”


That message was written on the inside of a card and left on my car for me to find. On a day where my most earnest prayers were lifted up and trust was getting tougher and tougher, I received this. On a day where I prayed "If success to you God means you want me to be homeless and glorify you that way, I will be homeless. I only want what you want," and I actually meant it... this shows up.

Thank you so much to whoever it was that wrote that on a card and placed it on my car. Thank you for that blessing and encouragement. I can never thank you enough.

Dear Reader,

I hope those words will also speak to your heart and you will click off my blog knowing that God has never let you down and he's NOT going to start today. Make it a priority to remind someone of that today.

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Corinthians 12:9

3 comments:

  1. Wes, I have the perfect person to pass this on to....and I probobly needed to hear it myself. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! God always knows our needs and knows when we them them the most! Our God will provide all your needs!! He is Jehovah Jireh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! I would like to say it was me because that is so something I would do and I really wish I would have had that to pass on but you know I was out of town so.... I know this season is tough but it will all be worth it! Keep the faith!

    ReplyDelete