Sunday, January 4, 2009

The plans of man

"When you plan your life on the success of plans that are subject to people and circumstances, your life will be one long, emotional roller coaster ride."

I read this in my morning devotional and it hit me hard. Like a ton of bricks. I am guilty of this. I have actually used the word "emotional roller coaster" to describe things I am going through. When I make plans for myself that depend on circumstances or other people in order to be successful, I am asking for trouble.

People aren't perfect.

Circumstances change.

There is someone/something that is perfect and has never changed though: Christ and his love.

In order to get off this emotional roller coaster, one must walk by faith. Easier said (or typed) than done, I know. It's a frightening thing to give up control over a situation and just walk by faith.

I am terrified of the unknown, and giving up something in favor of the unknown is paralyzing. Which brings me to a plug.

The church I attend, Cross Point Community Church, is starting a new series next week called "Paralyzed: Frozen by Fear". (Check out the website and take a look at the promo video).

For me personally, this news could not have come at a better time. It is past time to stop making plans that rely on others to complete.

It is past time to give up the fear and become fearless.

1 comment:

  1. How about this, which I happened across this week in my study:

    "Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails."

    Proverbs 19:21.

    Obviously, couldn't have said it better myself...

    Blessings,
    Jack Burden

    ReplyDelete