Sunday, January 11, 2009

Soul Cravings - Intimacy

I am currently reading a book called, Soul Cravings and it has already opened my eyes to what my soul craves. I am barely 50 pages into the book and I have already learned about my craving for intimacy and what that means.

I wanted to leave you with some notes that I jotted down that deal with love. Once we accept that we are designed for love, then we can learn about our soul cravings, understand them and know where they came from.

A few things I have learned:

- There is no subject more discussed among human beings that is more captivating and more elusive than love.

- How is it that the same thing that can make your life a rhapsody can also leave you gutted, like a dead fish wrapped in a
day-old newspaper.

- The more you love someone, the more the person can hurt you.

- Sex is a shortcut to love. There is no such thing as "free sex". It always comes at a cost. Either your heart, or your soul.

- To give up on love is to choose a life that is less than human. To give up on love is to give up on life.

- The most powerful evidence that our souls crave God is that within us there is a longing for love.

- We are created to know God and to know love. It is love that moves God toward us and love that pulls us toward God.
Follow love and it will leave you to God.

- Without love there is no life. To love is to be fully human.

- God is the One we deserve the least, the One we need the most and the One who desires us the most.

- If God is love, it is maddening when we are running from God and yet searching for love.

- It is insanity to run from God and search for love.

2 comments:

  1. one of my favorite books of all times is called quite simply, "love" by leo buscaglia. you can find it at pretty much any used bookstore - it's a classic from the 70's. amazing. i think you'd enjoy it - very similar subject matter. it changed me for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, such an awesome book. "To give up on love is to choose a life that is less than human. To give up on love is to give up on life" Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete