Friday, February 6, 2009

So, two guys walk into a theatre...


Let me set the scene for you: Opening night of the movie, "He's Just Not That Into You". I am standing in the lobby of the theatre with my buddy Kyle. We both look around and look at each other and we were instantly thinking the same thing, "This is the greatest idea ever!" We were the only males in the lobby. The place was packed with females who in about 2 hours will be begging to experience what they just saw on the movie screen.

Now, let me just clarify, we were meeting some friends (female) there. We saved them seats and all, but in actuality we might as well have been by ourselves. I mean we came and left on our own. I even waited for him outside of the mens bathroom after the movie.

If you have never been to opening night of a chick flick you are missing out! There were at least 5 times that every female in the place said IN UNISON: Awwwwwwwwww! It was great stuff. Is there a more positive word that a female can say than, "awwwww"?

Anyway, "He's Just Not That Into You" tells several stories about life, love and the decisions that are made in both. The movie itself was good. Probably the most predictable movie I have been to in a while, but I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. I have to admit though, I love chick flicks. I love them. There is something about watching two people fall head over heals in love with one another that is both satisfying and inspiring.

I left the theatre tonight with a good feeling and some insight (and also Kyle). Isn't that why we go see movies? To feel. Whether it's sadness, happiness, laughter, etc... we all want to feel.

What did I learn from this movie? I can tell you that more times than not, she will not be that into me. But we all keep moving on. Keep opening ourselves up and taking chances so that one day we can say "He/She is that into me".

When's opening night of the next chick flick?

2 comments:

  1. bahaha this just made my morning. you're great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. every guy needs to enjoy a good chick flick sometimes :) I thought it was ok. Problem is the movie never got into what we should do!

    ReplyDelete